I'm going to share something with you right now that I've never shared with anyone ever. I don't talk about this, I avoid conversations regarding this subject, its just not something that I or most women like to talk about. I stepped on the scale this morning for the first time in 4 years and I was shocked to see the number that came up.....236. ( I actually can't believe i'm writing this). I stepped back off, let the scale take a moment to rethink its answer and stepped back on. Nope....the number did not change. It still said 236 lbs. My first thought was "I need to slow down with the Cuban bread". This is by far the heaviest I've ever been in my entire life. I would like to sit here and tell you that it doesn't bother me, that i'm completely happy with the way I look and that I wouldn't change how I look for anything...but I know that I would be lying to you and more importantly to myself. Anyone that knows me knows that I'm a confident person, I've never had any sort of complex at all but I personally don't feel healthy and now that I've entered my 30's I've realized that i'm not getting any younger. And quite frankly i'm tired of going on doctors visits and having them tell me "Well Eloisa you're completely healthy except you could afford to loose some weight"......REALLY?!?!?!? lol). So from now on, I'm counting calories (not on my own ofcourse, cause i'm not that responsible), I'm signed on to a weight loss plan and I'm going back to Bikram yoga this week. I'm ready to make this transformation for life this time. I'll be updating this blog on a regular basis. Most likely it will happen on Mondays once I step on the scale. I'll post my workouts, meals, etc. I'm going to be sharing this with you all for a couple of reasons:
1. I want you all to understand where I'm coming from. So in the event that I decline and invitation to go out to dinner, or for drinks, please know that the further away I am from temptation, the better.
2. I would hope that maybe someone would be inspired by this and make the decision to better themselves in any way they see fit. If not, that's ok too. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment